Saturday, January 29, 2011

Add me Up on FB

LUKE 2:49 
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? 
wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Oh i just need to blog about what God impressed in me through a co-servant in Christ and a friend on blogger and life. (thank you Emily)

I did quit FB (facebook) a week ago. There are many things there that stresses me and pressures me. Facebook is very open that even the darkest secret and the unloved and unexpected behavior is seen. As a Christian, i of course expect differences in a sense that believers don't conform to the work of the world as what the Bible says. Being born again is being a change person...there's new life in Christ. But on Facebook, people compromise a lot. People tried to get someone else attention there. People can hide their true self. One got as much as four accounts for reasons beyond explanation. 

And i am guilty of giving more time on updating my account instead of reading the Bible. This hurts me a lot. This isn't me.
On facebook, i seek myself...i show and promote myself. I tend others to love me and appreciate me by liking all my post and photos. I suddenly hate the not-so-good comments from others...while in reality i love REBUKES. I don't like people hurting people through words on facebook. I don't like the looks like immature attitude of others there. Oh well...in other word...being there doesn't have a good effect on me.

I read a devotion (im sorry i forgot the author), it says there Theology is the study of of the nature of God. We will be able to know it by studying the Word of God. It's there...crystal clear. But people doesn't know or people forget because they studied Me-ology which is the study of one self. The center is you, you, you or me,me,me. "What im going to write today?" "I need to update my status." "I need to check my notification." "Need to upload new photos"...".i have to..i have to...i need to be updated."

So there's a sort of an obligation or responsibility for you to do there. But at the end of the day, you lack something. At the end of the day, you'll be weary of doing it. At the end of the day, you'll realized your eyes grows dim. If you have 20/20 vision before, now you need to wear an eyeglasses.

At the end of the day, you'll realized how much time you spend infront of the computer just looking at your facebook and the profile and updates of your friends there. At the end of the day, you and your sister or mom will talk about the things you've seen on facebook...the life and ways of other people. The result, it's either you are blessed or you will compare yourself with others, you will be proud of yourself, you pity them or you pity yourself. 

The Bible Verse above lead us back to where we should be. To where we should spend our time and energy the most. To know what to prioritize: the temporary or eternity?

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away. 

Facebook will pass but God's Word won't. Your Me-ology will pass but God's Word won't.

We must be about our brand new FB which is our Father's Business.

I texted my friends today telling them this: "You asked me why i quit FB...my answer is i have started a brand new FB account, can you be my friend there? Oh, by the way FB means my Father's Business. Now add me up, friends."

I am so blessed beyond description. God is changing me. He is molding me to be a better servant

Thank You Lord Jesus for Your love, grace, mercy and for Your salvation. 

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh my....you have blessed me so much with this post. I do have a facebook account and your words are extremely true...it's Me-ology! I have never throught of that before. Thank you so much!