Monday, August 8, 2011

Footprints

"...When you saw only one set of footprints 
it was then I carried you." 


I know most of us are familiar with the FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND poem. I first encountered this in my poetry and literature class when i was in high school which was like fifteen (15) years ago. Yay...making me feel old at 29. haha.

I was really amazed on how my teacher read each line from the poem. She really felt it. We thought it's her poem from her personal experience but when she's done reading it, she mentioned Miss Mary Stevenson. This made us thought about it. She seems like feeling it deep in her soul even if she's not the author of it. She explained why? Because EACH OF US are being carried by the same FOOTPRINTS of compassion and love.

Many of us, do have troubles and trials and pain. During those painful moments, as we cling onto the Lord and trust in His faithfulness, time comes that it heal the wounds, cover the pain, made us stronger in every trials, and learning from the troubles.

Isn't it wonderful how the Lord promised and He is able to do it? Isn't it beautiful to trust in the Lord that He will never leave us or forsake us? That He will continue being gracious to us? This y soul knows very well.

When was the last time you ever checked on your footprints? Does it leaves a mark? Are you going back to the steps you make?

I remember every time my mom likes to buy shoes for me and my sister when we were younger, she will have our feet fixed on the piece of paper and get our footprints. And when she had the shoes, it will definitely just right for our feet to walk to. That's only one foot printed but it feeds both feet. And it feels good.

God is there carrying us all through the journey. He never let us fail or fall but is always present in times of being almost failing or falling. He is love and we should be very thankful of that love that never leaves us.

The poem was really inspiring. I hope this inspired you too.

Here's the FOOTPRINTS:

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life
Each scenes, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me and one to my Lord.
When the last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the footprints in the sand
and to my surprise, 
I noticed that many times along the path of life
there was only one set of footprints.
I realized that this was at the lowest
and saddest times of my life. 
This always bothered me
and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.
"Lord, You told me when i decided to follow You, 
You would walk and talk with me all the way.
But I'm aware that during the most troublesome
times of my life there is only one set of footprints.
I just don't understand why, when i needed You most, 
You leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, 
I love you and I will never leave you
never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints
it was then that I carried you."

No comments: