Monday, May 16, 2011

PATIENCE

What the Scripture says about WAITING and in BEING PATIENT?

Let us first define the word.

PATIENCE is being able to wait or endure calmly. We can also say it is being able to persevere on something or someone.

Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast. Antonyms include hastiness and impetuousness. (link)

In this world where "instant" things happen, being patient has always been an issue. Even the creation of planes and jet planes, people still can't wait to fly home or away from home. People are still not content that they have a phone...they ache for more phone features. People still hunger for more instant oats, noodles, other foods, cash and even relationships.

What the Scripture says about being patient?

James 5:7 (King James Version)


Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

2 Peter 3:15 (King James Version)


And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation...

James 5:10 (King James Version)


Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

Hebrews 6:12 (King James Version)


 ... through faith and patience inherit the promises
Thus says it all.

The reason for the said topic is that i would like to encourage myself and my readers to wait patiently knowing that what we desire or what we patiently wait for will happen to us according to the Lord's perfect will for us. Just wait. Be patient. Be courageous. Forget the frustrations in waiting. Be content. Trust in the Lord. Focus on His Word and promises. Remain calm and standing on the faith. Be an example. Be hopeful. Be brave. Be humble. Love still. Wait still. Bear still.

Lord, i ask You to help me in the journey on which i need to wait for Your perfect time and will for me. It is not only a desire but i am crying out to You for answer and for Your guidance. Lord, make me calm and let me endure the pains in waiting. Keep me strong and courageous. Keep me in Your loving embrace. Keep me in Your wings and never let me go as i trust in You. Hold me Lord, hold me. Consider my heart and help me wait . I trust in You Lord as i know that nothing is impossible with You (Luke 1:37). Lord, bless Your Holy Name. Amen.


No comments: