Friday, February 4, 2011

Walking

Luke 1:6
And they were both righteous before God,  
walking in all the commandments 
and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

I have been walking a lot lately. I am on my late 20's and i thought of starting to keep my body fit and the the muscles strong. I guess people my age also cares for their body. I wanna be healthy. This body are being used by the Lord for His glory. If the body is weak, it will affect everything in our daily journey. Instead of going through the straightway, we might stay and not moving. Our heart and mind are in it. If the body is weak, the heart and mind are weak.

As i walk, i know that God walks with me. Every steps are revelations. It's all about His direction and guidance along every path - straight or crooked - He is there.

Follow-up Team. This is another ministry God has given me. It is always a privilege to serve the Lord and obey Him. I am usually with young women at church visiting brethren and winning souls for the Lord.

I remember years ago, Claire and I, holding a paper filled with written addresses of brethren, walk our way to houses. And then there's this one address that amazes us. It's an address for the whole street up to the mountains. So the only way we should find the person is to ask people along the way. Well, in other words, we found her. We found her on mountain top. Her house sits on top of that mountain. We almost gave up looking but out feet won't stop us. In our hearts we believe we need to go there. We found the house and oh what a lovely face and place it is. She needs the Lord...not us. But we came there with the hope to share God's love. The Lord walked with us through our journey. And He knew someone needs love and help. She's old and weak but she longs for the Lord and this made her strong and hopeful. I remembered she testify through singing her heart out, praising the Lord for all His awesomeness and provisions for her.

It's a sweet walk. It's an awesome journey. An exercise for the soul and body.

It's an awesome journey because God walks with me.

To God be the glory!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yes! We need to exercise by being obedient to God's word, but we also need to keep our bodies (our earthyly temple) fit as well. I agree. I am starting a new exercise routine, as well as diet. Good luck to us both!