Monday, August 9, 2010

On Coffee

Photo from http://www.txberry.com/news/20090512/newsletter.html


I started drinking a glass of coffee when i was in Baguio City 10 years ago. I was in college then and it was really cold in the mountaneous place in the northern part of Luzon, Philippines.

When i started working with my foreign bosses, that's when i began drinking 2 to 3 more mugs of coffee a day. That's a mixture of brewed and instant coffee.

It's addictive. It's dangerous. Some studies says drinking coffee weakens the bones. And i felt it within me...my bones.

Then instead of the water cleaning my body, i started feeling dizzy at some time and had been dehydrated.

I tried quitting. It's been actaully days or weeks now that i don't drink as much mugs as i can. But today, i had one. Yay...and my head begins to bother me.

Quit or no quit?

Lord, my body is Your temple. And i would like to stay healthy so You could use me in the ministry. Help me to take a really good care to this body. I am yours Lord. Coffee is just a thing in the world and it will pass away. It is vanity.

I would like to offer my body for the glory of my Lord and Savior. Willing to serve, willing to leave the things that are of this world.

Lord, have mercy.


1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (King James Version)

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

No comments: