Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jealous

Synonyms of the word jealous are: anxious, resentful, possessive, demanding, and begrudging. Antonyms are: satisfied, confident, trusting, content, and unresentful. Ask the Lord to reveal friends or situations in your life that you feel jealous (anxious, resentful) of. Confess these to the Lord and ask Him to replace those emotions and thoughts with satisfaction, trust and contentment.


Reflections:

Am I jealous of friends or family members?

Do I trust the Lord to satisfy my needs? If not, why?

Power Verses:

I Corinthians 3:3, "You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?" (NIV)

Philippians 4:12, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." (NIV)

Proverbs 27:20, "Death and Destruction are never satisfied, and neither are the eyes of man." (NIV)


No comments: