Wednesday, August 24, 2011

REUNION

Aunt yolly asked me, "when is our family reunion?"

Reunion always excites me. It's the time of the year or after so many years of not seeing each other, here comes the clan reuniting and you'll realized someone there that you haven't met and is now there telling you he/she is your grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew, niece, and worst he/she is your granddaughter/son. Haha.

Reunion makes way for reconciliation. This is the best part. When two or more in the family forgive each other.

Reunion bring tears too. Be it tears of joy or pain. It's the time when we realized we are not complete - someone is missing and we missed that person/s.

I don't remember my lola on my dad's side. I just saw her photos but i never remember myself with her in my youth. She died when i was like 2 or 3. Both my lolos passed away. But i had moments with them. Before my lolo (father side) died, he lives with us. He was a copy of my uncle badong, which they said is a copy of my papa and my kuya joel too. When we visit uncle badong (while he is still alive) in his house in Ilocos, he said, "i am going to kill and cook one goat for you all." and he chose his best in the farm. That's how he value family. He build a house and told us everyone is welcome there and said, "it's your house. This is for your dad too." Oh how i missed my uncle. One of my aunt (dad's side again) died when i was in college. She's beautiful, a beauty that i admired. And i love her. I remember, she takes good care of me when i was young and even send me to school (grade 3) in baguio city but then i missed my family and decided not to pursue studying there. But i returned and lived with them when i was in college.

Reunion gives way for other family members who lives outside the country to take this time, a wonderful opportunity, to leave work, go back to their home country and spend precious times with families.

Oh how i love being reunited with my cousins and aunts and uncles.

How i wish we'll have one soon.


Happy, yippee, yehey,

No comments: