Sunday, February 13, 2011

Overcoming

the depth
Not all people can swim. I knew someone who don't and forcing him might cost his life. It's not that he is afraid but because he got some bad experience with it and he is just being more careful now.

When my husband asked me to go kayaking with him in puerto Galera, Philippines...i know i need to be prepared with all the water things. I am not much of a swimmer..i am more content on sitting at the sand sides. I remember watching kayakers, with him in Subic, Philippines. A person needs to be physically ready when doing it. It cost energy and perseverance to finish or to go on the other side of the island. When we tried it, it looks scarry especially when i don't see the mountains anymore and the side of the islands. It's like just the two of us and the kayak on water. But my husband keeps on moving his arms...not surrendering while i stopped for a moment wondering where we were. I know for sure we're on the deepest side of that island's water. It's a place where you don't know anymore which is east and west or north and south. And then my husband asked me to go to the water with my swim fins. Whew...this made me nervous. And he's like telling me it would be fun. Doing activities like this needs a lot of praying and kneeling and confidence and trust in the person you're doing it with.

I can only say, "Lord, have mercy."

But when i finally did it...it makes me happy. Flipping in the water. Swimming around. It amazes me that i can swim with just the fins. Awesome.

I thank the Lord that i was able to overcome, by His grace, the little worries in dealing with depths.

Isaiah 7:11 (King James Version)


Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God;
ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.


the height

I always love looking at the clouds. That makes me feel i'm closer with my love ones abroad. But riding on planes, looking from on high, makes me sad. It's a different view. It's showing us the reality of what's down there. It's a view of hardships or of poverty. I live in the Philippines. Riding on a plane is a privilege. An opportunity a common people shouldn't missed. It's an experience. I still like the skies and clouds. And the birds flying with the plane. I am just sad on how the city looks like. It looks like a concrete forest. I just love the green environment rather than the gray one. I love the province. It's more peaceful. But i am burdened with city people. They too need the Lord. They too doesn't like a grayish life. Everyone needs hope. Everyone needs change. But it's always a change from within to be able to see things green again. 


Romans 8:39 (King James Version)


 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, 
shall be able to separate us from the love of God, 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



An experience on height and depth might be that good or bad...but one thing is sure...these are all from the Lord. It's a test of faith and love for the Lord and people.

We're overcoming and we're loving it.


No comments: