Thursday, August 12, 2010

On FLOOD

There's something about the flood that scares me. It's the LIFE of the people trying to saved their lives as well as their family's lives plus their home.

It's the SALVATION of everyone involved.

Genesis 6:17
And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

I can feel the pain while watching videos from youtube. So many flood happened. So many lives lost. So any people suffer.
 
And still only God knows the reason for everything.
 
Last year, we experienced flood in the Philippines too. In my hometown, i walk in the water. There are dirt that you won't mind looking 'coz all you wanna do is to conquer your fear and be home with your family.
 
I am 5'2 feet tall with 5inches foot size. I was afraid to walk on that muddy water where all kinds of things were there. I was afraid of the waves i saw. I was afraid to see dead body. I was afraid to notice this woman behind me gasping her breath. I was afraid seeing pigs/hogs floating in the place. I was afraid thinking i might not be able to finished walking and the water will just ate me.
 
Whew, every fear convinced me that i was down without faith.
 
But oh, while walking, i can still read text messages from people who loves me dearly. Words of encouragements staright from the Word of God.
 
Would it be fun to think that i could walk in water? Like Peter perhaps? oh Peter wasn't able to finished it that's why the Lord told him, "oh you of little faith!"
 
Fear makes us forget isn't it? When we're afraid senses are at it's best. The things we see, hear and feel makes us nervous. Yay, what about the sense of taste. Oh that would be another thing to think about now.
 
Nervous according the one online dictionary is define as :
–adjective

1. highly excitable; unnaturally or acutely uneasy or apprehensive: to become nervous under stress.

2. of or pertaining to the nerves: nervous tension.

3. affecting the nerves: nervous diseases.

4. suffering from, characterized by, or originating in disordered nerves.

5. characterized by or attended with acute uneasiness or apprehension: a nervous moment for us all.

6. having or containing nerves.

7. sinewy or strong.

8. Archaic . vigorous or spirited.

—Synonyms


1. fearful, timid, timorous.


—Antonyms

1. confident, bold.
 
It is simply a NEGATIVE THOUGHT or FEELING.
 
But then again, by the grace and mercy of God, and through faith, we conquer those fears. The fear of the unknown. Yeah, unknown, because we don't know what will/might happen next or in the future with those kind of flood.
 
One thing is for sure. Nothing to be afraid at but God Himself.
 
God is always true to His promises.
 
Genesis 9:11

And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.


Joshua 24:14

Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.


Job 28:11

He bindeth the floods from overflowing; and the thing that is hid bringeth he forth to light.


Psalm 29:10

The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.


Those who trust in Jesus, and those who's Lord is Him that saves...are able to conquer the fear and forget about it. Because He that reigns on high is FAITHFUL.

Have a faith-filled day to all!

No comments: