Thursday, November 26, 2009

Frog and Water


There's one little thing that frightens me...it's the "FROG".

The thought of it made my body shivered. I don't wanna see one. I don't wanna encounter one. I don't wanna touch or hold one.

When i was a child (literal), i used to play with friends and we're at the pond looking for frogs and some more insects.

But the fear started when i was in high school where in we needed to dissect a frog. I played with frogs but i never kill one. When we opened a frog, we begin by throwing off stones onto it's head so it will lose consciousness. Then we removed the skin and everything follows. I used "we" because it's a group activity. Even if i don't touch any part of that frog's body i felt a certain pain looking at it. I had this guilty feeling. While the other looks like enjoying what they've done, i know they don't and wont understand the pain of being killed part by part. It's a horrible scene. It's like murder. And from then on, everytime i see frogs, the fear and pain was there. I think it's more of i am afraid that if they can talk they will tell me i was the one who killed their ancestor. Oh yeah, weird i know, but that's what and how i feel. I am afraid they might bite me or do things that would hurt me.

Until now i am trying to overcome this fear. I know it's not good for my heart too because it's my heart that got affected just by seeing frogs. I wanted to be delivered from it. Oh Lord Have mercy on me.

Last week, my family and i visited my aunts place. It's near the river/pond. I like it a lot. the water's clean. People use it to wash clothes and in some place, they could drink it too. People are not allowed to throw garbage or they will be penalized. This is discipline imposed in that place. And i find it very interesting and just right.

I run and meet the water. I like it. I love it. People says it never runs dry. It's very clear and clean as i can see. Like a crystal. Living water.

The Bible mentioned about the streams of living water. Oh what a good feeling to drink on that water that never runs dry. Water that fills your body and soul. Water that comes from the Lord. The presence of God. The Spirit of God. It quenches the thirst. It made us whole.

When i see the water, i forgot about the fear. I am at peace. I am comforted by the beauty of God's creation. The Lord does awesome things.

The frogs, the water/river/pond and the half-day visit are three different things with a different impact on me. It's a mixture of feelings and thoughts. But i understand the Lord allowed fear so i could look up to Him and desire to be comforted by His spirit that flows like a living water, a living hope. The visit was like reminders of those two things. On how to overcome fear and have a living hope in the Lord. I have Jesus, what can fear do to me?

The Lord be glorified forever and ever. Amen.

No comments: