Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fasting

....and so i became God's servant.

i know this is just the beginning of my "career" as advertiser of my Faithful Savior and Bestfriend.

And this is a career because i would like to make Jesus shine in every hearts...making HIm famous in any ways possible....and all things are possible.

today i learned about FASTING.

why do people fast?

Before, mom said "let's fast, let's refrain from eating meat, let's spend less and eat less for the week because we will remember the suffering of Christ" So what it has to do with "not eating".

Let's not eat but watch movie the whole week.

Watching movie wouldn't lead to remembering God's suffering and sacrifices. I believe so.

As a young new Christian, today, i have understood what it means to fast.

Reading my Bible it leads me to Joel 2:12 " return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning".

We had our fasting last sunday. It's a fast that's coated with sacrifice. one meal only from 6 in the morning til 12noon. That whole half-day we were praying for Church services...may it be guided and blessed by God. We prayed for soul. We prayed for our needs and the needs of others. We prayed for healing and deliverance. We asked God's presence in every little thing that we do as His servant.

And what a good thing to know what it means to fast.

And ofcourse during those 6 hours of not eating, i got hungry. But the discomfort of hunger reminded me to fix my eyes on God.

And then i continue praying.

Prayer needs fasting for its full growt.

Giving up eating which i truly enjoyed, made me more aware of my weakness in contrast to God's strength.

And oh it's a wonderful experience to fast...not just for once in your life but for the whole time that we're alive.

No comments: